Ten things I like about this family portrait from 1986:
- Adrian barely fits in his clothes. He was a fat baby.
- Lori and I are wearing matching dresses. I think they were homemade. Our earrings arracadas jerezanas, match too.
- My parents look great. No surprise there.
- Neither Danny nor I are smiling. I’m pretty sure I was trying to hide my messed smile.
- My color. I’m sure no one looked at me as a kid and wondered why I was such a lighter shade of brown than my siblings. (Really, people have asked me this.)
- There’s only a slight hint of gray in my dad’s hair. I forgot what he looked like with dark hair.
- My mom is rocking the ’80s perm and big hair.
- Lori’s bob blends in to my dad’s jacket.
- Danny looks like he’s up to no good. Not a big surprise, since he broke a lot of stuff in our house growing up. (Have I told you about the time he and his friend decided to have a fight with the balls from our pool table and I got caught in the cross fire? Ouch.)
- The Olan Mills tag at the bottom. We took a lot of portraits at Olan Mills.
I think we’re still a good looking bunch.