I have mixed feelings on doing these monthly goal posts. It’s trendy, but it’s helped me to mix things up with my normal routine and I am getting things done. Thus, I’m still on the monthly goal bandwagon.
Health & fitness
1. Continue attending yoga classes
2. Rehab IT band
3. Get my 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily. No burgers or fries!
4. Attend one Weight Watcher’s meeting
5. Stick to Marc’s training plan (includes cross training and strength)
6. Negative split at Carlsbad half marathon
1. Update guest list (already begun)
2. Gather addresses (already begun)
3. Make planning timeline, consult planning checklists
4. Schedule Catholic couples retreat
5. Begin wedding gown search
6. Complete save-the-dates
7. Make wedding website (in progress)
8. Book honeymoon
1. Bring back This Day in Chicano History posts
Health & fitness
1. Use my Groupon for yoga classes at a local studio: Check. I took one beginner’s class and am looking forward to going back. I liked the teacher.
2. Run around the UCLA perimeter twice: Nay. I avoided a hard hill workout before the Holiday Half (12/11). Afterward I was recovering and dealing with some mild IT issues. From what I read, hills make it worse.
3. Run the Holiday Half Marathon and PR: Check!!!
4. Strength training twice a week: Half check. I started this in the last two weeks of the month.
5. Do a couple of runs with a friend or group: Nay.
6. Stick to my training plan: Nay. I fell off after the half, but I did start incorporating the cross training and strength he’s included.
7. Decide on the LA Marathon: Check. I’m in unofficially.
1. Engagement photo session: Check. Loved the results and the process of getting all dolled up was fun too. [Photo above by Michael Fletcher.]
2. Estimates/hiring 2 other big ticket vendors: Nay.
1. Post 3 times week: Check.
Get the most of our Disneyland passes: Check. We went after the half marathon. It was quite crowded, but we saw/did some more new stuff and finally checked out the fireworks show.
6 thoughts on “January goals & December check-in”
I hope I see you at Carlsbad!! I’ll be the slow one in the back… agh!
Love, love, love the photo of you and your future husband to be!!!
Wedding planning for me was like a part-time job. I can’t wait until all is done.
Good luck with all your goals! Sending you happy wedding dress and IT band vibes 🙂
that engagement photo is beyond beautiful!! will you be sharing more? I hope? Happy wedding year, it will be a memorable one!
beautiful picture! your goals are crazy (in a good way) – so much going on.
I feel the same way about goal check ins. But do agree that it’s nice to take the time to reflect!