Are you in a blogging rut? Need some ideas for blog posts?
Never fear, here’s 10 timely topics. Don’t worry, these haven’t been done to death by bloggers, magazine writers and local TV news.
1. How not to gain weight through the holidays and manage eating at holiday parties. This includes writing about low-fat and low-calorie versions of traditional holiday dishes.
2. Gift guides for everyone, including the neighbor’s dog.
3. How to survive spending time with your family over the holidays and holiday dinners
4. Your holiday decorations: traditions; sentimental ornaments; Christmas tree buying adventure; your take on the fake vs. real debate; caring for a real tree
5. Complaints about the holiday season: it starts too early; the “war on Christmas” (e.g. secularization of the holiday, Jesus is the reason for the seaon!); rampant consumerism; overplayed carols in stores and on the radio; traveling for the holidays; your neighbor’s gaudy decorations/lack of decorations in the neighborhood.
6. How to deal with holiday stress, the blues and other #firstworldproblems
7. Open letter to Santa Claus (nevermind that you’re 27). This can be doubled with #2, since a lot of gift suggestion lists read as personal wishlists.
8. Inventory of your gifts or the gifts you purchased for others
9. Menus and recipes for your holiday dinner spread. Make sure to include lots of photos of your favorite cookies or tamales.
10. How to handle the work holiday party and etiquette for how to drink/dress at the party. Make sure to include complaints about your job and co-worker.
Bonus: just post photos of Christmases past. (Guilty.)
2 thoughts on “Guide to holiday blogging”
A good list of starters. Thanks!
I’m sure we all have stories concerning #10, some of which could make good entries…other stories, however, should probably remain forever silent in the hope that they’ll be forgotten sooner. Salud!
Don’t forget the New Years’ resolution posts! (guilty as charged)