Things I like about this photo from my first birthday party (one of my all time favorites):
1. My sundress (my mom has great taste)
2. My little baby arms and complexion
3. I’m wearing a Tejana (probably Papá Chepe’s or my padrino José’s)
4. Um, I’m hugging a bottle of tequila. I wouldn’t let go of the bottle even when I went down for my nap.
5. How more Mexican can a baby be?
I’m pretty sure my 31st birthday won’t involve sundresses and bottles of tequila. At least not today. But a sundress and a cowgirl hat? That could be done.