A few years ago, my ex dressed up as a Killa Bee* (of Wu Tang fame). He bought a bumblebee costume online (above right) and found a Wu Tang medallion. Some people thought he looked more like Bumblebee Man from The Simpsons rather than a Killa Bee.
As faithful Simpsons fans may know, the Bumblebee Man is a parody of el Chapulín Colorado and appears on Channel Ocho in Springfield.
Here’s how to do it:
- Grey or black hoodie
- Yellow t-shirt with wide black stripes for the bee body (if you don’t mind spending some money, you can easily find a baggy bumble bee costume like the one above)
- Antennae (DIY with a black headband, pipe cleaners and yellow pom poms; or you could just buy some for a few dollars at a costume shop)
- Blue/grayish wings (DIY with wire hanger and panty hose or foam)
- Khaki or brown shorts
- Black Converse Chuck Taylors or other black canvas sneakers
- Pansa (beer gut) and brown skin
- Chihuahua doll
- Walk around saying nonsensical and grammatically incorrect Spanish phrases, such as “¡Ay, ay, ay, no me gusta!”, “¡Ay, ay, ay, no es bueno!” and “¡Ay, Dios no me ama!”
If you’d rather be a Killa Bee, you’ll need a Wu Tang medallion or pendant (try eBay).
*That’s the year I dressed up as a sunflower.